Send As SMS

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Finished reading "The Iliad" this morning. Can't believe I read the book in less than a week. That might not sound like much to most people, but for me, that's a flippin' accomplishment! I might not have been looking forward to Western Civ, but I'm not going to let it get me down. :)

Still getting used to waking up early. By early, I mean 8AM on M W F and 7:30AM on Tuesday. Being up early makes the day last longer. Haven't decided yet whether or not that's a good thing.

John surprised me on Monday. I opened the mailbox and there was a package of D'aim along with a lovely note. A nice pick-me-up on a Monday, that's for sure. Thanks again! ;)

Headed home on Friday night until Sunday afternoon. Should be good. Will be able to see Mom AND get some reading done.

Other than that, not much going on. Just trying to keep my head up. :)

BTW, Michael and James, this is officially the two you being mentioned in the journal. So there. :P

Sunday, August 24, 2003

On Friday, I woke up early to go to the housing office and get things taken care of for work. Afterward, I went online and ordered my books. I was amazed at the deals I got. If I would have been able to get them all used from the bookstore (which wouldn't have been possible anyway), they would have cost $140. As it stands, I got the same amount of books from Amazon for only $90. Not too shabby, eh?

In the afternoon, I help Joe set up a TV stand. It's nice to have something in the living room besides ethernet cables now. :)

I woke up on Saturday about nine, but forced myself to get back to sleep. I got back up around eleven and did a bit of laundry and reading. That night, I went to Rome's happening shin-dig and had a nice time. Since I'm not drinking at the moment, I picked up a bottle of sparkling white grape juice. Not a good idea. It was so sickly sweet that it upset my stomach. Oh well, worth a try I suppose. :)

On Sunday, I did a bit of reading late in the morning. John called about one and we talked for an hour. I know it's nothing new, but it still amazes me to be able to speak with someone half-way around the world, just like when I would call Mom from Scotland. Anyway, we had a good chat. :)

That afternoon, I went to Wal-Mart to look for a goldfish. I've always wanted one, and I figured now was as good of a time as any to get one. After much thought, I've decided to wait until after Labor Day to get one. But I'll be sure to post a picture when I do!

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

So tired... Should probably go to sleep. It's been a long day, but not in a bad way. Just that I was up early and fairly productive until the afternoon heat hit. Looking for a job. If you know of something easy and well-paying in the Lawrence area, how about tipping me off?

Sunday, August 17, 2003

Moved in. Trying to get settled.

Friday, August 15, 2003

Heading back to Lawrence tomorrow. Don't know what to think. Perhaps it's best not to... think.

Thursday, August 14, 2003

Argh... Ellinwood...

Monday, August 11, 2003

Not much going on as of late. Just trying to find ways to pass the time. For instance, I set up a webcam today. To see what it's like, click here. Should be fun, that is, if I remember to turn it on...

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Went to Wichita with Mom this afternoon. Bought Robbie Williams "Escapology" and Junior Senior "d-d-Don't Stop The Beat." Excellent.

Monday, August 04, 2003

What a weekend... Still jet lagged a bit, but managing. Had fun on Saturday night for Mom's birthday get together. Even though her fiftieth is actually today (happy birthday!), everyone came together on Saturday night in Great Bend. I felt bad because I wasn't too alert, but everyone seemed to understand.

Saturday, August 02, 2003

Wow... it's weird to be back. It's like waking up after the most amazing dream you've ever had. Only, it's hard to let go because it ACTUALLY happened...

Was up for twenty-four hours straight the day I traveled back. Went to bed at one and woke up at six... yikes.

Still a bit jet lagged, but doing better. Went and saw "American Wedding" last night to try and keep busy. It was all right, but not as funny as the second one.

Going out tonight to celebrate Mom's birthday coming up on Monday.

Happy 50th Mom! (Hope she doesn't mind if I say that on here!) ;)